Friday, April 1, 2011
Set 21 Preview #2: You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!
So in typical "The Perfect Curve" fashion, things happen later than expected. The Akatsuki article went up a whole day later than expected. In fact, I think it's taken us a lot longer than usual to update the blog and for that I apologize. I'm working, Josh is working, Andrew is in college, and I don't even know what Nick does with his spare time.

With that being said, our second preview was supposed to go up last night, just in time for Susano'o's big unveiling today. Unfortunately, Andrew had to study for a few quizzes (one he took earlier this morning) and one he's taking right now. So that leaves either Josh (busy with work), Nick (not answering his phone) or myself to do it.

*sigh*


When talking to Tylar yesterday after seeing the Itachi, the subject of what Susano'o would do came into question:

[3/31/2011 1:04:02 PM] Tylar Allinder: previews r up
[3/31/2011 1:04:31 PM] Patrick O'Neill: HA!
[3/31/2011 1:04:32 PM] Patrick O'Neill: I CALLED IT
[3/31/2011 1:04:38 PM] Patrick O'Neill: IT'S A REIINFORCEMENT
[3/31/2011 1:04:40 PM] Patrick O'Neill: ANDREW LOSES
[3/31/2011 1:04:42 PM] Patrick O'Neill: I WIN THE BET
[3/31/2011 1:06:30 PM] Patrick O'Neill: GOOD CARDS
[3/31/2011 1:06:37 PM] Patrick O'Neill: I don't like that Itachi is EOJ
[3/31/2011 1:06:46 PM] Patrick O'Neill: Unless Susano'o has like stupid good put in play effect
[3/31/2011 1:06:53 PM] Tylar Allinder: he has to be
[3/31/2011 1:07:00 PM] Tylar Allinder: otherwise, how does it counter Kirin
[3/31/2011 1:07:01 PM] Tylar Allinder: lol
[3/31/2011 1:07:11 PM] Patrick O'Neill: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Knowing our one of our other preview cards it makes a lot of sense.

KIRIN


Now I know what you're thinking, that card is REALLY good. But Susano'o + Itachi is meant to allow you to stand up to the punishment that Kirin delivers. Itachi is one of the few effects in the game that is able to be chained to the effect. Susano'o, as you notice, doesn't put itself into play in a Ninja's team, meaning it isn't present on the battlefield. That means that the Set 21 Itachi is completely unaffected by Kirin, and Susano'o's ability to not allow you to lose by Battle Rewards gives you a chance to build up your field. Considering the steep cost of RFGing the discard and having to discard so many cards, the odds your opponent can use another shot are slim.

The only hangup I have with the card is that it draws 3 cards for seemingly no reason. There is only 1 playable turn 5 Sasuke in format, so I guess a 0 cost single user Jutsu that only draws 3 seems fair, but it seems like insult to injury on top of what is already a Chidori Stream-esque ability. I know Chris Kovaz had a preview of some either promo or Set 21 Sasuke on his facebook earlier but I can't find it (otherwise I'd link it). It wasn't as good as Eyes of the Serpent and I hope that it was the Set 21 Sasuke because if any turn 5 Sasuke gets printed that's better than Eyes of the Serpent, we're all in trouble.

I guess we all had it coming though. A 0 cost, land mark jutsu like Kirin was destined to be either almost broken or terrible. I kinda wish it was the later rather than the former

-Tsu

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Number of Unique Visitors: