Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Most Playable Cards in The Kage Summit!

This list is based entirely off of Play-ability and my personal opinion. These cards I would consider using in my builds because of how much they can help my overall build when constructing a deck. Hope you enjoy the read and please feel free to leave feedback!

10. The Third Hokage- My Favorite Kage, the reason he is so low is because I feel that the Kages may not see much competitive play because of their high drop. Maybe I was just spoiled with Ambush ninjas but I can’t see myself holding onto the Kages for the entire game either.

9. Sakura Haruno- Pay 1 to heal a Ninja, i'm sold on this card from this effect alone. Everyone loves Karin (Rightfully so), and this ninja is better than Karin. This card, as well as the next will be in crazy use. Maybe more-so when KNS rotates.

8. Rock Lee- Such a strong 2 drop. Every turn he makes a ninja bigger, including when he is put into play. So Essentially he is a 4/3 2 drop. Oh and unlike sakura, I consider his second effect extremely useful. Controlling what your opponent draws is so helpful.

7. New Orders- I can already hear Scott in the back of my head "Hina stops this card!!!!". I know, I know. But mission negation is so rare now a-days and especially in fire where you can just warhawk next turn and replenish your entire hand. I have always been a fan of mission negation and this card is solid negation.

6. Shizune/Tonton- Yeah, i'll make an exception here and put 2 cards. Let's drop this mediocre 0 drop, search for my 4 drop, then turn my 4 drop into a powerful 6 drop. All because I drew TonTon. The potential of these cards is hard to deny, I'm still shaky on how well and consistent this combo will run in tournament play. Only time will tell for this one though.

5. Hidan- The Ninja that just keeps coming back. I love pitching ninjas without caring for missions and throwing them in my discard pile for costs and not caring. Oh hey, Turn 4, how are you doing? Let's just put in play this Ninja that keeps coming back and has good stats. On Turn 6... let's turn him into an even stronger ninja with a great effect and put him back in the discard pile. This ninja seems like a staple 1 of in fire (at least fire). Not so bad in void either. The cost is a little steep in some games but he can chump block pretty well for you also.

4. Sabiru- Can see this card as a staple in everyones deck or side board. Not quite comp strength but it does some damage and can shut down that ink leech early or maybe more devastating effects as the game goes on. Ultimate Disruption card in the set.

3. Zhandou- Now I think this card and Sabiru are extremely close. I like a lot about this ninja though, especially in wind. You can even drop him if you want and he can get the full effect of Reanimation jutsu. But  his main use will be his discard effect and wow the amount of uses this card can have in your hand is unreal. You can use him early game when your opponent drops their one drop so you can keep the tempo going and make them have 2 smaller teams for an extra turn. Or late game you can keep their powerhouse by himself. Great card design on this one.

2.  The Sand Council- Not a big fan of the Council cards because none of their effects are really game-changng. Instead they are 3 average effects. This is the only one I feel is the exception to that. Box Lunch was probably the most useful card while it was legal. That effect by itself makes this card playable. Add to it Substitute and a Mental Power across the board and you have a very versatile mission.

1. Shikamaru Nara- I know most people will think I am crazy, but I absolutely love this card. He beats any other zero drop in the game. Also, allows you to dig for any drop you want on turn 2 with shika’s decision. Shikamaru into his mother turn 1 is by far the best early game team in the game, add KNS on turn 2 and your opponent is going to be in a lot of trouble. 2 support also if you chose to drop a ninja with combat on turn 1 he is a very good compliment. This Ninja has it all for a 0 drop. Most overlooked card in the set as far as I’m concerned.


Honorable Mentions:
Stone Council, Leaf Council, Sand Shield, Exaggeration, Sneak Attack, Mabui, Particle Style: Atomic Dismantling Jutsu

-Squee
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Number of Unique Visitors: